It's a "Frosty" kind of day here..not enough snow on the ground to actually make a snowman. (Unless you are my friend Melissa). But enough to get Julia excited to say "nnoooww! Look, Mommy - nnoowww!" We decide to make pancakes that look like Frosty the Snowman for breakfast. Julia is eager, as usual, to help!
Ry is most excited about the chocolate chip eyes, nose and mouth on his "Frosty pancake"! (That's my boy!!)
Yumm!
My Grandma Schuette makes the BEST pancakes. I have tried and tried to duplicate these, and just haven't been able to do so. Today's treat actually came close, but still not the "real deal." Grandma puts Crisco (which I refuse to bring myself to do) in the bottom of a skillet heated to 350 degrees, and uses a box mix that you simply add water..and add water she does! This depression-era lady actually adds over twice as much water as the box calls for, so the pancakes are a beautiful runny thin, and perfect crispy on the edges (thank you, Crisco!). Well, I recently noticed that Smart Balance Omega came out with a blend of canola, soy & olive oils, and I tried that this AM...I think we are getting closer to pancakes like grandma!

1 comment:
oh, you don't want crisco in your babies' bellies? don't blame you on that one. but those snowman pancakes are adorable! as are the kids. i seriously could reach in and squeeze julia's sweet cheeks! love them!
Post a Comment