Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Phone Conversation with Daddy



Daddy has been out of town all week for work. Last night, we were in the car (I had tennis league and the kids played at Aunt Krista's house -- thanks, Krista!) on the way home and we decided to call daddy. I was surprised at our nonverbal little guy how LONG he hogged the telephone! Here is about how the part I heard went:

Ry: Hi, Daddy! Where are you sleeping?
(At this moment, I decided I was very glad he wasn't having this conversation in public: I can only think of how I might have judged had I heard a child talking to his parent on the telephone asking that question!)

Oh, are you in York City?

Silly, Daddy! You are a silly goose!
(I later learned that Jeff told Ry that his hotel had a kitchen and stairs in his room...Ry thought this was outlandish, apparently, as he told me later "isn't that crazy, silly daddy said he has a kitchen by his bed!?")

Oh, I want you to come to my house.

You need to sleep at my house!

Oh. Ok. You bringing me home GeoTrax?
(Maybe it was a mistake his last trip Jeff caved and brought him home a train...this is apparently an expectation now.)

A GeoTrax, Daddy! Like Jake's. And track for Eric to drive on.
(I also learned this week that Eric is one of the Geo characters. I learned this when Ry kept insisting to me he wanted Eric to come play at our house and I was trying to figure out who Eric was..he finally told me he saw him on TV and he drives a Geo train.)

Oh. (in a letdown sort of tone).

Oh, yeah, I like candy, Daddy! Yea!

So, I am expecting Jeff to walk in the door any minute now...with some candy. =)

Until then, I need to work on finishing up dinner!

No comments: