Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday

After leaving the candy store, we came home and had a lunch and a playdate with Isabelle O'Day. The kids (still on a sugar high!) were super excited about our afternoon plans!
Ry and Izzy play some type of hand game they thought was very funny.
We also made Christmas wreaths with paper plates this afternoon. I painted the kids hands green to make the greenery on the wreath (duh!) and then we used red paint on their fingertips to make the berries. When I asked Ry to hold up his plate so I could snap a photo, he put this piece of tape on his face and said "Look, mommy...I am like Santa!" What a creative bearded boy! =)
My sister had given me something called "Friendship Bread." It is where you have this bread mix in a bag for 10 days and knead it each day, add some ingredients on day 6 and on day 10 separate it into 4 bags to give away and then bake a batch for yourself. Well, OOPS, I misread the directions and ended up adding some of the ingredients for baking your own batch to the "original mix" and so I had to make all 4 batches! YIKES!!! So, thanks to my friend Jamie (for laughing along with me at the mess I created here, and helping me mix this batter that took my two largest bowls to contain!!!), for Trina (for allowing me to run down to borrow 5 eggs, vanilla, oil and extra baking pans!), and Krista for understanding how I messed this up and has so kindly agreed to give me another "starter" in 10 days when hers refreshes. Love you!
All the crazy baking that happened this afternoon wasn't for nothing, as the kids and I had a great time playing "elves" tonight and delivered some bread to our friends doorsteps. Happy early Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: