Tonight after dinner we baked some cookies. I had a magazine that had cookies on the cover, and Ry saw it yesterday and has been asking if we could make some ever since he saw it.
Ask, and you shall receive! =)
Ask, and you shall receive! =)
Ry proudly displays his star.
Julia doesn't like to waste time. She heads in two fisted. She is our efficient child...even when I ask them to clean up toys, Julia gets moving immediately and gets the job done, and Ryan could take 10 minutes to put his cars back in a bin!
I wish our story ended here. But about 2 hours after this photo was taken, as I am getting ready to put Julia in bed, I experienced very possibly my most massively gross mom moment EVER. (Before I tell this story, and your mind goes here, know that she didn't even eat one entire cookie.) This sweet girl vomited... flying chunks...and she was facing me..and at eye level, so she vomited. in my face (ok, and I am telling you, it came up with some SPEED, because it actually hit me pretty hard!!), splashed all in my hair and down my new shirt and pants. I was so shocked I think I just stood there for a moment in total AWE. (Not the good kind of awe!! Where did this come from!? She had been fine all day long!!?) And then SHE started crying...something I felt like doing, particularly after I glanced down at her carpeting and my sense of smell was beginning to kick in. Grrrr! She escaped this pretty unscathed. We did do a jammie change and brushed teeth again, but other than that, she came out of the ordeal much better than I did, or the carpeting. So she's crying, and I am very calmly saying "It's okay. Not a big deal, baby. We'll get this all cleaned up and you'll feel much better soon. It's going to be okay!"
And the Oscar nomination goes to.... =)
And the Oscar nomination goes to.... =)

5 comments:
oh. erica. i don't know what else to say.
hope she's better tomorrow!
What a story!! You poor thing--and, of course, Jeff was gone--yikes!!
Oh, no! I hope she is feeling better soon, and that you have recovered.
What a night Erica. Poor baby. Hope she is doing better!
If it makes you feel any better (although I know it won't), the same thing has happened to me. Humbling, huh?
I hope today she's doing better. There's nothing like sick babies. :(
Post a Comment