Thursday, December 11, 2008

I love sleep!



This morning around 5:30 Julia cried out. Jeff's alarm clock had gone off about 60 seconds (and he naturally hit the snooze button) prior to her cry. Being the common-sense driven wife I am, I kicked him. (I mean, he was going to have to get up anyways, right?). Everyone knows this is the sign for "your turn!" He acted like he'd fallen in a deep deep sleep in that minute time. Grrr! So I go in to find her soaked (leaking diaper, grrrr!!) and do a quick jammie and crib sheet and blanket change. On my way out the door, she says "Thank you, Mommy." I don't respond (trying not to stimulate her too much, God forid she not fall back asleep!!!), so she yells this same thing louder. When I get back to our room, Jeff rolls over and says, "Did she just say Thank you?" Augh..my FAKER is caught!

About 10 minutes later Jeff gets in the shower, and I have just fallen back asleep when Ryan cries out. (Don't these children understand I need my sleep!?!) I go running in to find him soaked as well. Grrr. I am not sure what was happening here (or what we drank last night!?!)...he usually doesn't even have an accident at night, let alone enough to go through an entire diaper!

So, by 6:15 am, I've got two complete bedding and jammie changes under my belt, not to mention a load already running in the washing machine. That's a feeling of, uh, accomplishment...I guess?!

2 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

Do you know about the "Ultimate Crib sheet"? It's a sheet that snaps onto the slats of the bed and over the regular sheet. When you have to change it in the middle of the night (or early in the morning, as in your case!!) you just unsnap the sheet and you're left with another one underneath. It's brilliant!

Anonymous said...

my husband is a pro at the fake sleeping thing, too...so annoying.

and hilarious that julia thanked you like she did!